Acorn to Oaks Update
Because of Covid-19, we decided to close our childcare programs from March to August this year. Here are some updates:
- We have already re-opened our 3-5 years old daycare program on September 14th, 2020.
- Our preschool and afterschool programs continue to be temporary closed until further notice.
- As Acorn to Oaks Academy is a private childcare Centre and we have our own policy and regulation about Covid-19 based on the Richmond Coastal Health. Safety continues to be our number 1 concern at Acorn to Oaks Academy.
- Starting this new school year, we at Acorn to Oaks Academy are promoting a more Reggio Emilia Approach (emergent curriculum) together with play-based and Montessori philosophies to help children's development.
- We are planning to provide online Zoom classes again in two mornings to serve some families who have decided to keep their children home during this special time. Our Zoom classes will be interactive with other children (who are attending our daycare) and the teachers.